Independent Living Skills Development
NWCCI staff will work with you to set a goal for living well in the community and develop an Independent Living Plan for reaching your goal. We pull together the services, resources and tools that are useful for realizing your goals. Independent living skills include, but are not limited to:
- Budgeting, bill paying and organizing mail.
- Advertising, interviewing, hiring and training personal care attendants.
- Putting together grocery lists, planning for shopping trips and other daily activities.
- Choosing from among potential service providers and coordinating supports.
- Accessing and learning how to use assistive technology providers.
- Securing benefits, medical care and related services.
- Receiving technical assistance with employment-related skills.